Ferret Lovers is a free-to-join forum where you can chat, watch videos, share stories, and more with other ferret lovers.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

How do your ferrets get along with other pets?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: How do your ferrets get along with other pets?   Sun 05 Apr 2009, 7:07 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love-Ferrets

PostSubject: Re: How do your ferrets get along with other pets?   Thu 09 Apr 2009, 9:37 pm

My ferrets love to play with my cat Very Happy lol Its very cute !!
I,m supposed to have a rottweiler and a boxer puppy soon .. can't wait !!
My ferrets know some friends' dogs and they are very friendly with some Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: How do your ferrets get along with other pets?   Thu 09 Apr 2009, 9:50 pm

My cat plays with them sometimes but she gets VERY rough with them so I have to take her downstairs. And my dog just barks her head off when she sees them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clark

PostSubject: Re: How do your ferrets get along with other pets?   Fri 10 Apr 2009, 10:59 pm

My ferrets scare my cat and makes him run away to safty some place they can not follow Laughing . I do not let my ferrets near my rats, gerbils, degue or chinchillas affraid . Clark
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love-Ferrets

PostSubject: Re: How do your ferrets get along with other pets?   Sat 11 Apr 2009, 11:14 pm

Thats the main reason why experts say its more easy to introduce a new ferrets to a cat than a dog because most of times, the cat will just jump and run in a "safe" place where ferrets can't get them. A dog can be more agressive and your ferrets can be injured.
However they can be all friends Very Happy lol but a ferret should never be with birds or rodents because they can kill them No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clark

PostSubject: Re: How do your ferrets get along with other pets?   Sun 12 Apr 2009, 12:03 am

I am well aware of the danger of the ferrets to my raties that is why they are in a different part of the house and a closed door between them and cages of the ground also for protection. The cat is scared of the rats when they are close to him and will scramble away from them. I keep a hand inches away when the cat meets a rats. The liveliness of the ferrets keeps the cat away from them. The cat came to me de clawed and about 3 years old. All of my ferrets are are from 2 to 4 years of age. Opening the door and you have one on top your head, one up your sleeve, another climbing over your back and down to the floor and one in your arms. What fun Very Happy You need five hands or more lol. When it is play time they often go their separate ways. When they do get together it is a wrestling match with Bill-Bob in the winning corner. The cat watches and think he is saft them one sneaks up from behind him and he gets a good scare. I know it like I am being mean to the cat but he stick around to watch them on his own and he can get away any time he wants. I think they can become friends some day. Clark
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love-Ferrets

PostSubject: Re: How do your ferrets get along with other pets?   Sun 12 Apr 2009, 12:09 am

I would LOVE to have a bunny (lionhead) lol but I can't because of my ferrets and my cat Suspect
I got no idea where I can put a rabbit cage in my house Suspect lol
That's why I will get puppies as soon as possible lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do your ferrets get along with other pets?   Today at 9:21 pm

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1